Next Introductory 2 Day Workshop: May 5th-6th, 2017
- Are you a helping professional at a complete loss when your clients get stuck?
- Do you want to stop being the cheerleader for change and have your clients take an active role with their desired goals?
- Do you often wonder if your techniques match and evolve with your client’s needs?
- Would you like to be able to help facilitate healthy behavior change in a way that really works?
In these workshops you will learn how to:
- Roll with resistance with clients who are ambivalent with change
- Identify the back-story of what the client may not be telling you
- Differentiate and practice simple and complex reflections
- Practice skills to elicit, recognize and reinforce “change talk”
- Recognize and identity MI skills through role plays
- Advance in all MI skills with focus on reducing client resistance to changing behavior
- Practice using advanced skills and demonstration of OARS with feedback
- Code video and audio tapes for OARS, collaboration, partnership, change talk
- Observe demonstrations of MI techniques
This workshop is geared towards for professionals working with clients with goals of health related behavior change: physicians, nurses, health educators, care managers, dietitians, social workers, counselors, psychologists, dentists, dental hygienists, life coaches, mediators, clergy, probation/corrections officers, school counselors, teachers, personal trainers, etc.
What’s included in registration:
13 hours of training
Snacks and Beverages
Schedule – 2 day training
9am—4pm both days
Address for Training: 12304 Santa Monica Blvd. Los Angeles, CA 90025
Email Susan or call 310-828-4476 to register. Send in flyer below with registration to office address.
Cancellation policy: if you need to cancel and it is more than 30 days of the scheduled training date you are entitled to 50 percent of fees paid or the full amount as credit towards the next training. No refunds for trainings if cancellation is less than 30 days but a credit may be issued towards the next scheduled training if space is available.