Workshops are taught by Susan who is a member of the International Motivational Interviewing Network of Trainers (MINT) since 2009, and conducts trainings in her office and throughout Los Angeles.
12304 Santa Monica Blvd. Ste. 218, Los Angeles, CA 90025
- Are you a helping professional at a complete loss when your clients get stuck?
- Do you want to stop being the cheerleader for change and have your clients take an active role with their desired goals?
- Do you often wonder if your techniques match and evolve with your client’s needs?
- Would you like to be able to help facilitate healthy behavior change in a way that really works?
These are some of the tools this Motivational Interviewing workshop will equip you with:
- How to roll with resistance with clients who are ambivalent with change
- Identifying the back-story of what the client may not be telling you
- Helping the client identify their desired goals
- Strategies and techniques that create momentum for change
- Intermediate exercises and training in MI
- Differentiate and practice simple and complex reflections
- Practice skills to elicit, recognize and reinforce “change talk”
- Recognize and identity MI skills through role plays
- Advance in all MI skills with focus on reducing client resistance to changing behavior
This workshop is geared towards for professionals working with clients with goals of health related behavior change: physicians, nurses, health educators, care managers, dietitians, social workers, counselors, psychologists, life coaches, clergy, probation/corrections officers, personal trainers, etc.
What’s included in registration:
6 hours of training in Intermediate Training in MI
Beverages and Snacks
6.0 CEU’s for RD’s
Email Susan or call 310-828-4476 to register or download flyer below and send in to Susan.